Friday, February 22, 2019

An Exploit into the World of Morning Montages

I HAD A BRAIN BABYYYYYYYYY. Oh yes. My film opening is gonna be a morning montage.

Personally, there's nothing I enjoy more than a good waking-up-and-getting-ready scene. Everybody starts their day off in their own unique way so filming a montage of someone's morning routine creates a lot of opportunities to introduce a character and their quirks.

Now, when talking about morning routines on the big screen, it is mandatory to take a moment to honor the gloriousness that is the Ferris Bueller's Day Off (John Hughes, 1986) film opening. Durr.


Rewatching this iconic clip, I'm reminded of how much I love it when characters break the fourth wall, but I'm making the conscious decision to have my character speak very little during the film opening. Since my movie is gonna be a dramedy, the tone I want to create is a little more serious than the one in this classic 80's film. 



No comments:

Post a Comment