Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Audi-OHHHHHHHH

Hello ladies and gents, today we're gonna be talking about a lil' thang called music. 

Since my movie opening is going to contain very minimal dialogue, I want to be able to tell the audience the beginning of this story through music. Throughout my main characters morning routine, I'm going to have his little brother downstairs eating cereal and fiddling with the radio. As the radio stations change, the audience will hear bits and pieces of classical music, rap, classic rock, etc. I'm going to use the lyrics and tone of the songs to create a sort of message about my main character and his relationship with his family, not to mention also to create context about how my main character's mornings usually go.

In my opening, my character is going to be administering his testosterone shot into himself. I want to capture the monotonous tone of a school morning and have it be disrupted by a very unconventional  morning routine act that people have never witnessed or thought about unless they have someone in their close circle or family who is trans.

When I think about artists who have made music that is both lyrically and musically meaningful, Queen immediately pops into my head. Micheal Jackson is also an artist i'm considering adding to my  project. I'm still figuring out how to navigate this whole asking permission to use copyrighted music thing, but I'm excited to work on the audio portion of this project! :)




       

No comments:

Post a Comment