Monday, March 11, 2019

Audi-uh-oh



Micheal Jackson is a pedophile piece of shit and it's ruining my project. As you may know, the truth about Jackson's sexual abuse allegations has reared its ugly head, revealing the king of pop to be the king of avoiding consequences for what he did to those boys. I watched the documentary Leaving Neverland and to me it has never been clearer that after years of manipulation it was extremely hard for those kids to give proper testimonies against Micheal so long ago. "But what does this have to do with your portfolio project?", you ask. Well, think reallllly hard: What is THE perfect song to start playing on the radio for when my trans main character looks into the mirror? 


Yeah. YEAH. So- screw Micheal Jackson and his ability to make beautiful music. Now I need to find another song about mirrors, cause I'm not going to contribute to the cultural indifference that displays itself every time a famous man is exposed as a sexual predator or abuser. To include his music in my film opening regardless of his controversy, would be an insult to the integrity of my message irresponsible as a filmmaker and to victims of sexual abuse everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment